I've always been really interested in Latin America and all the whacked-out stuff that goes on there. My knowledge of the region primarily comes from several college courses, a semester spent studying in Buenos Aires, eight months spent interning at two Latin America-focused organizations in Washington, DC, and countless hours spent reading everything I can get my hands on. I'm still learning, and I'm hoping that this blog will help me in my quest to become a thoughtful, knowledgeable, well-rounded Latin Americanist.
I have yet to decide what direction this blog will take, but you can expect news and views from around the region, possibly with some humor thrown in. My goal is to dig up overlooked gems to add to the conversation, to get past the talking points and headlines.
For now, here, have a Calle 13 video, which pretty much sums up my answer to "Why Latin America?" better than any words could:
No comments:
Post a Comment